Things Are Good Again

Hey Mom!

You know what I just realized.  Things are good again.  I knew that someday things would be good again.  I knew that the way I felt this past year wouldn't last forever.  I knew I would recover and move on and heal.  I didn't know that all at once I'd realize things are good.

I'm tutoring which I love.

I'm in the middle of two big pieces of writing both of which bring me so much joy.

I auditioned for a webseries and we start filming this week.

I started my very own Etsy page and I get to create things which is something I've wanted to do for a very long time but never had the confidence or the time.

I wrote an open letter Bob Saget and I didn't care that is was completely and utterly weird because it was funny and it was something I wanted to do so I did it.

I rode my bike in a Thor costume and wasn't even mortified.

I am so very fortunate to be able to do all these things.  Things I love doing, things that make me smile.  Things that make me want to get up in the morning.

I'm writing this because two months ago there were days I didn't get up in the morning.  There were days when smiling was an impossibility and I was carrying so much pain that the only way to communicate was through tears.  Days where I sincerely believed that things could never possibly be good again.

I still have no idea what I'm going to do with my life.  I don't know whether I'm going to stick with my degree or quit school altogether.  I need to find more hours at work or find other work.  I need to find a way to finish the semester well even though my heart isn't really in it the way it used to be.

Get up.  Try again. Do something new and silly and brave.  Not because it will fix all your problems but because it will make your problems worth fixing.

That is all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword