The Dog Days Off Are Over.

***DISCLAIMER: I wrote this two weeks ago and waited until now to make sure it was actually funny not just I've-been-crying-for-two-hours-and-have-now-descended-into-more-generalized-hysterics funny***


Hey Mom!


So today is my day off. I slept in, I lounged and drank coffee but as the afternoon rolled around I decided to motivate myself to workout. I decided to do this by watching Youtube clips of dog rescue shows. I know what you are thinking Those two things are unrelated. To that I would say, that if a Dalmatian with backward eyelids can overcome their trauma and go onto to live a normal life after someone spends 16 hours trying to rescue them from under the floorboards of a bowling alley and then a vet does the surgery for free then I can definitely, definitely manage to workout on my day off.


The title I clicked on was the same as all the other titles, something like "Super Team does everything they can, will it be enough?" AND YOU KNOW WHAT, LOU-AARON? IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN ENOUGH. So I watched it with all the confidence in super team:


The little puppy is being fed every 2 hours, bathed every 4, doing PT 6 times a day.
Wow super team! You have your work cut out for you.


After a month of no improvement, the tiny baby puppy is declining and in pain.
Wow, I wonder what kind of miraculous discovery the vet is going to make to save this sweet doggo’s life.


They have a very important discussion about hospice care. Sad music starts playing.
They are right, it is such a difficult but such a necessary conversation. Anyway, do your thing super team!  I know with my whole heart that the little guy is going to be ok.


And then they euthanize the dog. 


At this point, I lose it. I am sobbing in my living room, clutching my laptop to my chest, telling a puppy that has been dead since 2015 it's going to be ok and he is so, so brave.


In case you are wondering, I am not working out today. I am still on the couch probably grieving for a not-so-recently deceased dog I have never met. I have spent the last hour watching "heartwarming dog compilations" trying to control zed my feelings.

This is my parents' dog who is very much alive and very handsome in his Christmas tie to ease our collective sorrow.
SO BE CAREFUL WITH THE INTERNET! NOT ALL OF IT IS CLICKBAIT SO GUARD YOUR HEART!


That is all.

ps. I wrote a book! If you haven't checked it out yet click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword