Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword

Hey Mom!

Let's just cut to the chase shall we?

I GAVE MYSELF HAND-STRAIN BY PLAYING TOO MUCH ANIMAL CROSSING!


This is me... not being weird at all.

So I bought myself Animal Crossing after a particularly stressful day. You ever just want to be alone on an island? Where the sun is shining and nobody can bother you. Where you can slip into a nice cat-wizard outfit and lie on the beach without a care in the world. 

Now I may have been overzealous in curating the perfect island (I have a parade of fossils set up). AND THEN I DID THIS:

So 85 hours is probably too many... definitely too many.

So I noticed my hands felt sore where the console sits on my thumb flesh (again sorry, much like neck meat there's no good terminology... I would assume I did not check). BUT THEN MY HANDS LOCKED UP LIKE I HAD CARPAL TUNNEL! I went to pick up a pen and my finger locked in place, and you know what? IT WAS TERRIFYING, OLIVIONNE! 

And you know in these trying times I am sure there are lots of people with hand strain. They probably got it from doing useful things like kneading apocalypse bread or... you know... home renos (a raised deck is very nearly a reaction gate and no one can tell me differently). 

I think the worst part of this whole thing is that I am historically very bad at video games. I like video games but that is a skill that despite years of honing has definitely not improved. And you know what? Up until recently I was very okay with that. 

BUT

(and it is a big but), NOW I HAVE AN E-SPORTS INJURY BECAUSE I CAUGHT TOO MANY RED SNAPPERS AND PEACOCK BUTTERFLIES. So now it hurts to hold the steering wheel or pick up a pen or even stir my coffee.

So I type this with a humbled spirit and after a few days of rest. I have returned to Animal Crossing today and so that I can continue my mission to turn the island of Moreauco into the elephant graveyard from Lion King.

That is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed