I just realized I missed 2 belt loops.... two

Hey Mom!

So today was my first exam! I don't want to jinx it so I won't say it went well.  Also because I may have made some additions to the french language (i.e. I made up some words) I won't say it went well.  Here's the thing when you are semi-fluent in a language sometimes you aren't sure if the french word is similar to the English word or your brain is just being lazy...

Me: How do you say national?
Brain: National
Me: Yes, national
Brain: National
Me: Yes, can you translate the word national?
Brain: I am.... it's national
Me: No into French you doof
Brain: National is national......
Me: Oh national is national.... with an e on the end?
Brain: No just spell it exactly like national....
Me: I'm going to add an e to make it look more french
Brain: All you did was make it look more feminine just leave it alone!
Me: Definitely looks better with the e....
Brain: You are everything I hate about human beings
Me: Maybe an accent over the i....


In answer to your question, yes, at this point in the semester I am so far removed from my brain that our interactions are like two people who hate each other and have to work together for everything.  So during my exam while Who's on First is on repeat, I am torn between writing a word that is definitely English and possibly French or writing a word that definitely looks french and is possibly gibberish.... good thing I don't ever have to make eye contact with my French prof again....

On the plus side, I got a boston cream doughnut and NONE of the chocolate got stuck to the inside of the bag... I just realized that the doughnut in question may have just been really, really old... or poisoned... so there's that.

That is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword