A Letter to My Girls

Some of you I saw in Sunday School, some of you I babysat and some of you were my campers at camp.  This is for all of you.

To My Girls,

First of all, I want to thank you.  You taught me so many things (like patience, some of you were really good at teaching patience), I still have every letter, every drawing, every craft you were gracious enough to bestow upon me.  These are treasures, not unlike yourselves.

I want you to know I think about you often.  You are all on my heart.  This year more than ever as I have realized some of you are in high school now!

I am so proud of you guys! Some of you are athletes, some of you are musicians or artists.  No matter what your passions are; seeing you fuel your talents and callings is amazing.

I've also seen that some of you are struggling.  Some of you have been faced with all the unfairness life can throw at you.  This makes my heart break for two reasons:

1. I can never fully understand what you are going through and that makes it difficult to know exactly how to help.

2. Making you laugh when you were 7 was a lot easier than it is now.

I want you to know I'm here for you.  It is never an inconvenience to receive an email or message from you.  Life can be wonderful and chalk full of possibilities, but it can also be difficult and scary.  I just want you to know I pray for you, because even if I don't always know what is going on in your life, God does and He loves you even more than I do.  Even though I'm often far away from where you are I want you to know, I really care about you and you have each had a very real, very permanent impact on my life.

You are strong.

You are beautiful.

You are loved.


With all my heart,
Mack

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword