Yeah so I'm still in school....

Hey Mom!

HAPPY BLOGGIVERSARY! Let us take pause and recall last 5 years...the laughter, the tears, all those times I had diarrhea and told you too much. Good times.

September. A new start to an old beginning. Still working on an undergrad degree and guess what this is my last year of the aforementioned degree (providing I don't smash my face through a car window and forget how to read or, you know, get distracted).

So what should we expect during this fine September? Excitement? Sure! The thrill of learning? Absolutely. The icy grip of depression that crushes the sun into the horizon line until winter arrives and daylight ceases to exist? You bet!

But you know what? After a summer of acquiring adult abilities (ALLITERATION 4x MULTIPLIER) I've learned that all the things you thought were the end of the world are not, in fact, the end of the world.

When I was 13, the end of the world was my sister wearing the same colour denim as me.
When I was 16, the end of the world was trying to get through an hour of driver's training without crying.
When I was 20, the end of the world was living in Winnipeg Manitoba.
When I was 21, the end of the world was having no money, a concussion and no desire to live.
When I was 22, the end of the world was having no money, a concussion, no job and no desire to live.

So believe me when I say, whatever September brings, it's not the end of the world. And if it feels like it is, just remember that sweatpants exist. Sweatpants, in case you don't know, is like a hug for your butt. Sure, they're not flattering and if you fall asleep in elastic bottom sweatpants you might cut off circulation to the bottoms of your feet but they're warm and they don't judge you.

Here's to a great year!

That is all.

ps. In case all this did was depress you (which was not my intention but here we are) here is the latest Team Silver Bullet video... my back to school gift to you:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword