Wait, what was I talking about?

Hey Mom!

Happy Thanksgiving! That time of year where we eat too much, take naps and wear wool socks. You know, I sat down ready to write this and now I've completely forgotten what I wanted to write about... OH YEAH... ok I've got this... ok.

So there was no update last week because of long and boring reasons that neither of us care about BUT this past week I've been feeling really introspective which is Mack-Code for kinda sad and very tired. If you don't know, I am a highly emotional being but I'm the weird kind of emotional where I'm also fairly private about it (I realize how hypocritical this sounds given that this is my blog where I talk about my feelings but bear with me here):

I was watching a movie with another mortal this weekend.

Firstly, I was in a weird mood because I was grappling with the fact that I really enjoy one of my classes but I had a begrudging attitude towards it on Thursday and that wasn't fair and how privileged and ungrateful was I being?

AND I couldn't remember whether the white rhino's are actually extinct which is awful because either they are extinct and I don't remember them going extinct or they aren't extinct and I'm no longer concerned with their plight. It really speaks to the fickle nature of humanity.

AND I was thinking about proteinuria (yes again and still) and wondering just how frothy your pee has to be to merit a trip to the doctor.

AND I was also thinking about bugs drowning in pop cans and wondering if they slowly suffocate because even if it was just for a couple seconds, given the brevity of a bug's lifespan, that is a huge chunk of their life they've spent suffocating.

AND this thing that happened this summer that was embarrassing and weird (no, it's not the dyson story because that, friends, is for another day).

AND then I received some sad news that, if I'm honest, I wasn't prepared for.

Anyway, the first part of the movie was fairly sad and mildly intense (figure that one out) so I started crying... for 20 minutes... like a LUNATIC.

Now it was dark and my tears were like silent, salty ninjas so the mortal did not notice... at first. So then I had to sit there like the movie was a work of sheer terror... which as someone who handles scary movies with all the strength and grace of a figure skating squid, believe me when I tell you that this was NOT a scary movie.

So what's the moral of this story? Umm... You know, I'm not super sure where I was going with this and about halfway through I remembered what I actually wanted to talk about this week.

Guess I'll save it for next week.

That is all.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword