An Ode to Poncho.... just kidding, I know everyone is sick of hearing about my poncho.... I still love it though.

Hey Mom!

So I'm currently sitting in Tim Hortons writing this because it's Roll Up The Rim (TM or Ltd or what the internet requires me to do to indicate that I don't own this malevolent cycle of hope and heartbreak).

But it's Twenty Greateen which means I'm excited about the snazzy looking cups and also I thought the internet was down for the past day and half but it wasn't--OH MY WORD STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING (unless you are reading this.... which you are.... sooooo).

I am sitting in a booth next to these people and it really seems like they are doing some sort of marriage counselling. Now I know what you're thinking, Mackenzie, you monster! Listening in on someone's intensely personal conversation, you were raised better than that. I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TIM HORTONS! And I've turned up my music so loud, my ears physically hurt (as opposed to emotionally which they might start to do if I keep listening). What is the etiquette here? I have so so many questions. Why are they talking so loud? Why are they doing this here? Are they actually doing marriage counselling here or is their friend just a counsellor? Do all the counsellor-friend's friends ask her for coffee and then dump their emotional baggage on her?

UPDATE: She just said "Nothing goes past this table." (I was in between songs, I want to be clear that I am doing my very, very, best to not eavesdrop). Ok listen, Suzanne (I'm assuming her name is Suzanne, I have no confirmation of this), actually EVERYTHING GOES PAST THIS TABLE BECAUSE IT'S A PACKED TIM HORTONS ON A THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

That's it, I'm getting up and going over to ask for some backstory.... be right back.

NO I AM NOT. I'm leaving. I'm leaving because I can't drown them out without further tympanic damage to my ears. But they've ruined my afternoon. Ruined it.

That is all.

ps. I did not win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword