Jean Jacket Weather

Hey Mom!

It was very briefly jean jacket season this week. Now I have a confession to make, I have resisted the siren call of the jean jacket. I know what you're thinking Mackenzie how could you not see the appeal of versatile, layerable jacket that is, no doubt, the centre piece of what the youths call a 'Canadian Tuxedo'? To that I would say that first of all, a Canadian Tuxedo was a Canadian Tuxedo loooong before the youths stumbled upon that particular piece of vernacular. Secondly, I know ok? What do you want to hear? That I was wrong? Oh.... ok, yeah I was wrong.

So anyway, for the briefest moment in time this week it was jean jacket weather. And you know what I love about jean jacket weather? Of course you do!

Unafraid we shed our puffy winter coils and reach for the sunshine. And as if it knows the cold we have suffered, as if it can see our chilled marrow, the jean jacket absorbs the golden rays and holds them for us. That we might, at long last, feel the warmth of spring's first breath.

Except in our case, it was spring for two days and then right back to a winter apocalypse (you win some, you lose some).

I do not have a recent picture of me in my jean jacket but I do have a screen shot of a failed podcast idea.... you're welcome.


That is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword