Twist and Shout....because you just pulled every muscle in your body.

Hey Mom!

So remember last time when I talked about why we should exercise?  Well boy oh boy do I have a tale for you!

A couple days ago I started a new workout plan and until today it has been going great.  I'm going to come clean here and just say that the first day was a low impact work out for senior citizens (No, I'm not embarrassed).

I decided I was going to get into the habit of working out at the same time every day so that I wouldn't have any excuses to skip.  Unfortunately the only consistent time in my life is first thing in the morning.

So I am out of bed and warming up.  The problem is my muscles are warming up but my brain is not waking up.  The first exercise this morning was drop squats.... what kind of sociopath starts their workout with drop squats?  If you don't know what a drop squat is... Start with your feet together, jump into a sumo wrestler stance, then squat until your legs are bent to 90 degrees.

My half-asleep brain sees the trainer on the video drop squat a couple times and then says "Ok legs we are going to copy that guy exactly."

My legs received the following message "Ok legs, we are going to do our Bambi on ice impression." It was at this point, that my brain assumed its job was done and went back to sleep.

Imagine, my legs flailing outward as I attempt my sumo stance.  After soaring inches off the ground, my legs completely committed to the Bambi bit, turn to jello.  The was some twisting, at some point my knees locked to prevent crashing into my coffee table.  Then there was only pain:
   
       Legs: "Woman down!"
       Brain: "...I'm awake!"

....I can't even ice some of the places I pulled today.  I will be revisiting the low impact senior citizen workout tomorrow morning.

That is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword