Time for a piece of humble pie… actually just leave the whole thing I'll need seconds and most likely thirds

Hey Mom!

Time for a little real talk.  While I don't believe in new year's resolutions I do believe in looking in the mirror and thinking I am the worst person in all humanity.  And that's exactly what I did today.  Over the holidays I got so wrapped up with what I thought I needed, how I wanted to spend my time, things I did and did not wanted to do.  Me, me, me, I, I, I… The worst part is I didn't even realize I was doing it, I thought I was entitled to my actions.

School is harder than I thought
Basketball isn't turning out the way I wanted
I don't get to see every single person I know from Alberta over the holidays

So my holidays are shortened because I am playing basketball and getting some of my post secondary education paid for… poor freaking me.  In hindsight I feel so pathetic, it's like I morphed into an ungrateful, entitled brat.

So why am I telling you this?  Well because I don't want to type this out, I don't want to admit the fact that I tainted my own Christmas break with my own bad attitude.  I treated some members of my family badly for no justified reason.  I suck.  And now that this is permanently engrained in my memory I can wake up tomorrow and do better.

This uncomfortably segues into my resolution that just so happens to land around January 1… Make it worth it!

All the time I spend away from my family should be worth it.  Even the bad days.  The days I don't want to try because trying hasn't led to success yet.  I wouldn't be here if my time wasn't valuable and I wouldn't miss home if I did value the time of my family and friends. So in 2014 I want to make every second I spend away from my loved ones worth something.

That is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Richard Cross 1960-2014

Irreversibly Redeemed

Animal Crossing: A Double Edged Sword